Saturday, March 3, 2007

Weekend America correction

Hi all,

In the last few hours I have been getting a lot of comments about the Weekend America interview (which, by the way, I haven't heard yet). Apparently, in the introduction they say I haven't been using bar soap for the month of February. This is not correct. I did make a comment in some pre-interview work about how liquid dish soaps were not quite the common place yet so to play it safe, I was sticking to powdered dish soaps. I will be contacting Weekend America on Monday to make sure this is clarified.

I am actually glad the incorrect comment was made. It has added great grist for my continued research on the impact of technology. Many of the comments about this particular issue were personal attacks; not just attacking the incorrect information. It is amazing that in this age of technology (which often results in the absence of face-to-face interactions) so many assumptions can be made...what's even more amazing to me is that many people so readily make those assumptions and are so eager to make their assumptions known. I'm just as guilty. I hope after all the experiences I have been going through this month I will be less quick to judge others personally...and if I have an issue with the facts they are presenting, I hope I will take the time to contact them directly and help them out.

I look forward to having some time tomorrow to post more about the actual experience. It has been life changing in so many wonderful ways. It saddens me to have to use this time to explain a fact when I could be sharing some of my life changing results....but, alas, here I find myself back on the information highway...Christina

No comments: