Thursday, December 21, 2006

Day 5

I've spent the last two days grading papers and final exams. As I was grading the papers, something came to mind...the amazing invention of "spell check". I realize that I use spell check in Word as my dictionary. If I can't remember how to spell a something, I will type it in Word, then run spell check. I also try to remember to run spell check when I write emails. I don't even remember the last time that I picked up a dictionary. February will be interesting...snail mail and dictionary in hand. No spell check on typewriters.

I also just submited final grades using the online system...what a breeze. I'm glad that there will not be a requirement to submit grades in February. My class will be impacted by this project, however. No email. So, I will schedule office hours, they can leave written messages in my box, or call the school and leave a message. I look forward to interviewing them at the end of the project.

No comments: